View Single Post
Old June 27, 2010, 11:09 PM   #1
efgf

What is the Honda Civic of AR-style Rifles?

I'm an experienced shooter, mostly handguns but I also have a few bolt-action rifles. I'm interested in getting an AR, but even after reading several threads on this forum, I'm still baffled about all the choices.

I want to pose a little different question. In terms of cars, the Honda Civic has a long reputation for being a reliable and a good value. It's not fancy, but it's respectable and gets the job done. Which AR is most like a Civic?

For comparison, a CZ 75B would meet these criteria for a pistol and a Savage 10 .308 might be good for a bolt-action rifle. Which AR would be similar in terms of reliability and value? Accuracy and simplicity are important, but secondary, considerations for me.

Finally, I have intentionally left price out of the equation because I wouldn't want to rule out spending $100 or $200 more if that's what it took to get what I need. I'm mainly looking for something that will be a quality first AR for shooting at the range. I have no plans for hunting or home defense with the rifle.

Page generated in 0.02724 seconds with 8 queries