View Single Post
Old December 16, 2002, 12:20 AM   #50
Blind Rat

Double Dang!!
Dang, because I thought I had enough "inside information" to have a lock on winning.

And Dang again because I also shot a match today - A 600 yd NMC and I train wrecked my way to a lower score than you shot.

Here's the play by play;

200 yd Standing. Forgot to put on my hearing protection after hopping off the Bumper Dumper. Was reminded of this fact by the first shot of the day going off next to me. Scared me straight into an "8" and 9 for sighters and a brown spot on my BVD's (I still had a little left over I guess). So shook up my first record was also an 8. Dropped two 9's for a 96-3x.

200yd Sitting Rapid Sloppy on the trigger control for a 98-5x. Note to self; BlingBling Front Sight does not have magical effects on the Trigger Finger.

300yd Prone Rapid. Thought the sling felt a little loose while standing waiting to go down. Took it up a bit. (Never Never make those kinds of changes after establishing your Natural Point of Aim!) Dropped down into position to find that I could not get into the same position and worse yet, could not get my head behind the sight properly. Too late... Gritted my teeth and made do for a group that looked like buckshot across the target. 93-2x

600 yd Prone. Good wind call. Light consistent. Missed the shift after the boil and got behind on a fishtailing condition. Dropped 3-8's and a few nines as a result. 191-6x Finished string and bolted for the Bumper Dumper. What a time to find out you're Lactose Intolerant!

Total 478-16x - Too many brain farts (shooters on the next points say too many "other kinds" of farts too) to reach my goal of 485 - 16x. Final note to self; Beans the night before and using a carbide smoker are a bad combination.

jc121; That was mighty fine shooting at both matches! Do you find much difference in your scores when you shoot Full Distance vs 200yd reduced? ...and was that 200-10x on the MR52? I hear you folk in Colorado do things a little different on the targets.

Page generated in 0.02570 seconds with 8 queries