View Single Post
Old November 17, 2017, 04:20 PM   #21
DaleA

This quite possibly is very obvious but I'd like to get confirmation or correction on these points.

1. As the states and localities get with the program there will be more folk added to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, or NICS prohibited list.

2. Because we are all human there will be more folk on the prohibited list that are there by mistake.

3. To get off the prohibited list, you would have to go to the state, county, city, jurisdiction and get THEM to correct the error that put you on the prohibited list.

4. You would then need to get the jurisdiction that put you on the list to send the correction upstream to the NICS folk.

Is this correct?

Question: If you are denied by the NICS will the NICS folk tell you which jurisdiction has a beef with you?

Question: If you are denied by the NICS and the problem is totally with the NICS (e.g. "John Smith" gets denied but his SSN is different than the "John Smith" the NICS folk have on their prohibited list) can/will the NICS folk fix the problem without you having to get evidence that you have not been convicted of anything?

I think it's obvious there is going to be more reviews/complaints with the NICS folk. I hope they are going to hire more folk to deal with the situation.

Page generated in 0.02336 seconds with 8 queries