View Single Post
Old September 29, 2017, 11:53 AM   #7
Glenn E. Meyer

This is an old discussion for us. I'll say the same thing.

I'll disagree on this :

Quote:
No matter how an individual Supreme Court justice may feel about the issue at hand, they simply can't allow lower courts to pervert Supreme Court decisions like this. Not if the word "Supreme" is going to mean anything.
I think, from reading some scholarly books on SCOTUS decisions, that currently they decide based on their politics first. The high toned legal blather isn't what drives them. Thus, four of them will not take on a case that might enhance gun rights. Of the supposed conservative wing - I don't think the majority of this subset is predisposed to the let the peasantry have the more powerful weaponry. Limited self-defense and sporting guns suit their world view.

The risk of taking on this case or similar is that the RKBA would lose with a clear statement that bans on EBRs and higher capacity mags is just dandy.

Heller (as said by many) left a giant hole for state bans to sail right through. You can quote and interpret what it said but the resultant behavior is more important. It is clearly used to support such and that's the way its going to be without a Congress that deals with such legislatively or a massive change in SCOTUS (meaning the current younger 'conservative's see the light or leave). Conclusion - for such cases - fat chance of a win and big chance of an RKBA loss.

Page generated in 0.02060 seconds with 8 queries