View Single Post
Old December 2, 2005, 06:31 AM   #8
RsqVet

Hey Guys --- I get being prudent while respectfull to assure the authenticity of any cruiser trying to pull you over, however I got ask, what the heck is wrong with low profile cars??? Other than some panties in a wad because you all been nailed by them???

Abuse of marked cars? Heck I see some abuse of marked units sometimes --- doesent seem like that is a big factor to me and in my mind lower profile units are to some degree safer because having driven a lot of marked (fire not LE but same difffernace) SUV's non-emergeny for a lot of miles, having to slam on your brakes, watch drives dive out of you way or do other unperdictable and offten dangeous things puts me and the general public at a greater risk than the mind your manners and don't speed deturrance factor of having a marked unit cruise through --- for this reason you are seeing with fair frequency some fire departments in very population dense regions go to the lower profile vehicles --- offten marked but with behind the grill and window lights rather than light bars and external lights

A few points:

1. First these are really unmarked or low profile units we are talking about, not undercover cars where some attempt at stealth would be made i.e. an impounded 300 Z with a couple of vice cops in it --- anyone looking at a crown vic or caprice in any one of 4 or 5 colors with a radio attenta or two who can't figure it's a gov. vehicle of some sort really deserves the ticket that they get.

2. Universal use of marked units for trafffic stops would solve little as anyone with balls big enough to be out playing cop could pretty easily conjure up a marked unit --- pretty much any decal these days can be put on a magnet and put on / taken off at will --- low profile units like SWAT, K9, and bomb squad often have these

3. Point #2 is even more so now that many agencies are going to LED light bars that are offten clear externally --- anyone who desired to do so could drive around with a bar on their veicle and no one wold know the color untill it flips on, god knows I have had a few behind me that I woundered if they were cops, fire chief, fedral agents, or lock smiths.

Page generated in 0.02279 seconds with 8 queries