View Single Post
Old August 3, 2014, 12:28 PM   #19
Unlicensed Dremel

Quote:
What is the difference?
They're 3 to 8 TIMES the size of raccoons - that's the difference - as I said above. Not half again as big; not even 1.5 or 2 times the size.

Quote:
The heart is probably the same size on both.
No it's not. Not even close. Heart size correlates roughly to body size. Making the heart size 3 to 8 times as big.

Quote:
I have skinned out a lot of coons in my time. I think you are confusing porcupines and raccoons, although I have seen some massive porcupines in my time.
I'm not confusing anything. You are confusing porcupines with beavers. I was comparing raccoons and beavers (since someone brought up and alleged that coons are the same size - which they're not. I pointed out that they're 3 to 8 times as big - as I said above), not raccoons and porcupines.

Quote:
Thosw beavers are evil dangerous.
Indeed they are:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-injuries.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...th-attack.html

There are countless stories of serious injuries from beavers - they are not to be trifled with - and that's including the little one.

But I trust kraigwy who says .22 shorts / .22lr is enough (making .22 mag plenty enough), at least on head shots, since Alaskan beavers are the same size as Canadian - roughly. However, I still doubt that either is ideal ("enough") for a body shot for 60 pounder - that's two coyotes worth of animal with a lot of fat. But I guess that since you'll be shooting them in the water 9 times out of 10, you'll of necessity be taking head shots only, 9 times out of 10, which skews the "needed" round quite a bit (since heck, .22lr is enough to kill a cow with a head shot at close range, let alone a large rodent).

Last edited by Unlicensed Dremel; August 3, 2014 at 12:38 PM.

Page generated in 0.02319 seconds with 8 queries