View Single Post
Old September 13, 2017, 06:55 AM   #2
Doublehelix3216

I tend to buy powder by the 8lb jug if I can to save money, but then again, I shoot a lot (over 11,000 rounds this year already).

I try to buy locally if I can. This avoids Hazmat fees and supports local businesses. (I tend not to go to Cabella's or the other large box stores.) I am lucky to have a local shop that stocks most of the stuff I need.

If you have to buy online, look for deals that wave the Hazmat fees. Natchez just had one, and I see them all the time from places like Midway USA and Brownells. Otherwise, do as you say and buy in bulk to spread the Hazmat fees out among a larger purchase.

I have been buying my bullets from Rocky Mountain Reloading nowadays (RMR). Great to deal with, FAST, FREE shipping (I get my bullets 2 days after ordering). If you register with them, they also send out discount codes all the time (5-10% off). I have been buying their in-house jacketed bullets lately at just a hair more than the plated bullets sell for at Xtreme or Berrys. I much prefer the jacketed over the plated.

I've been buying 8 lbs of Titegroup for around $135 + tax (but no shipping or Hazmat) locally.

I buy 5,000 CCI primers for about $125 + tax.

I buy 1,000 9mm bullets for between $60 and $80 with free shipping.

Page generated in 0.02887 seconds with 8 queries