View Single Post
Old February 3, 2012, 10:44 PM   #8
NY321

First of all, thanks to all you guys for your input and help….

JohnKSa – These are factory Glock mags and they seem to lock into place pretty good. However, I do notice that the newer mags seem to engage the follower higher than the older mags…

Btmj – Same experience I had with my Glock 23 gen2, I never had any issues with any mags / ammo until I tried using the Glock 22 pre-ban magazines.

Crow hunter – yes, the rounds are nose diving and getting caught on the feed ramp. I’ll try your test when I get a chance. We did try to be careful with our grips when shooting the Glock 27, but the feeding issues happen to almost every round, with all 3 mags.

Voyager4520 – The pre-ban mags had followers with numbers below #5 (I believe it was #3 and #4). I replaced the followers with the #5 followers (old style). The old followers and the #5 followers both did not work. We even tried using the follower from the newer mag, but still had the same negative results.

2 additional comments:

1) My brother (police officer) tried a Glock 22 post ban (newer) 15 round mag (his friend is a police officer also, he let us try his) in the glock 27 with great results (maybe just 2 failures to feed) So the issue is definitely with the older pre-ban mags…

2) I did call Glock ( I felt the tech was short and rude). After I explained to him that my older Glock 22 pre-ban mags causes failure to feed issues in my Glock 27 gen3, he replied “yeah, that can happen”….

Page generated in 0.03199 seconds with 8 queries