View Single Post
Old December 20, 2009, 07:15 PM   #4
ExBodysnatcher

Re:9200A1 Mossberg 12 Guage Jungle Gun

After reading gentlemans inquiry about his 9200A1 Jungle Gun, Having owned several of these neat guns, I can add a little to the information available about this gun. Yes, the steel safety button and trigger assembly are two of the "differences" between the old 9200 Flight King and the 9200A1. From my experience most of the important parts that tend to break on any semi-automatic weapon, such as the extractor, ejector, firing pin and assorted springs ARE interchangable. The barrels are not, and here's a little additional info I noticed and researched with the help of the folks at Havelin Sales (a good Mossberg Parts source} Mossberg made a real limited number of REAL THICK-WALLED barrels that sort of look like 1" black iron plumbing pipe for these guns. Those extra thick 18" barrels were fitted with an improved cylinder screw in choke tube that fits flush in the end of the barrel. I owned a 9200A1 with one of these barrels, and unknowingly sold it- much to my regret. Havilin said that when they bought up the last of the 9200A1 barrels from Mossberg, there were about a dozen of those special order heavy walled barrels out of about a thousand standard thickness cylinder bore barrels. If you have a jungle gun with one of those barrels, needless to say its a treasure. Any of the ones I've owned could fire real fast without malfunction, as long as you were using full house 2-3/4" or 3" buckshot loads or slugs. They tended to hang up with light loads and some brands of birdshot. I read that they had to continuously fire several thousand rounds without a malfunction or failure to feed, to earn that military "A-1" designation at the end of the model number, and at the time, that they were the ONLY semi-auto shotgun tested that was able to pass that test. They're getting harder to find, and I've only seen a half dozen for sale on the web sites in the past two years. One guy wants to sell one on GB for $1200. New in Box. That's a little silly, but nowadays prices are hitting around the $400 dollar mark when I've seen them. Hope this information helps you other jungle gunners out there.

Page generated in 0.02580 seconds with 8 queries