View Single Post
Old August 27, 2008, 09:25 AM   #2
Sevens

Most of my 10mm loading has been done with hard cast lead bullets. I've done a fair bit with 170 and 175 grain LSWC with a few different powders. Recently I found a supply of 200 grain TCBB bullets and I've tried two different loads with them, both returning decent results.

200 grain TCBB in front of 9.0 grains of AA#7 with room for more if I choose, not a max load. Good function, decent accuracy and no barrel leading.

200 grain TCBB in front of 7.5 grains of Alliant Power Pistol also with room to go higher if I wish. Also functions well with no leading. I believe these bullets (D&J hard cast) are rated to 1,400 fps. I'm surely not approaching that speed.

Both are loaded to a COAL of 1.247" which feeds and functions perfectly well in my S&W 1006.

I've had decent luck with 175 grainers using Blue Dot, so I'll probably try Blue Dot next with the truncated cone 200's.

Sorry I haven't done much with jacketed in a long time... back in the day I did many loads using 180-200 grain JHPs and FMJs and Bullseye powder. Worked, but Bullseye isn't exactly the best choice for this caliber. That was a long, long time ago.

What's your pistol?

Page generated in 0.03737 seconds with 8 queries