View Single Post
Old February 17, 2007, 10:52 AM   #45
WhyteP38

Quote:
If you need a semi-auto rifle, a shotgun and a pistol by your bedside to feel safe, you need to move.
I would not say that I "need" a semi-auto rifle, a shotgun and a pistol by my bedside to feel safe, but I like having them there. If I'm going to own them, I must put them somewhere. If I must put them somewhere, I might as well have them within reach in case of an emergency. If I'm going to have them within reach in case of an emergency, I might as well have all my options available. Storing them near my bed not only accomplishes all of those things, but it also puts the safe in my bedroom, which I can lock to add another level of security.

Baseball bats and the like may be good for some folks, but I don't want to be close enough for some BG to cut me if he has a knife. A baseball bat is a complete "no go" for the wife; she's too petite. Plus, mentally she's more likely to pull a trigger than swing a club. From what I learned in the military, most people will more readily pull a trigger than club or bayonet someone, where you must make physical contact with your opponent.

Page generated in 0.02880 seconds with 8 queries