View Single Post
Old November 16, 2005, 10:08 AM   #13
butch50

Some very interesting points have been brought up here.

I do not continually practice with a brief case draw in order to reduce firning time down to 1.5 seconds. 3 or 4 seconds may not be quick enough in certain situations, but on the whole if I am suddenly attacked, without any warning whatsoever, then I doubt that I could fire a shot in 1.5 seconds anyway. On the other hand, if I suspect an attack may be imminent, then I will be alert and 3 to 4 seconds will probably be enough. I don't live in the Wild West and I am not interested in being the fastest draw possible. I am interested in being armed, and having that arm within reasonable reach.

The pistols that I carry always have one in the chamber and only need the safety released to fire, that is the only way I carry. Well except for one SA that I have and all I have to do there is cock the hammer.

Yes I do have a CCW, and yes I have checked the employee manual - the manual doesn't explicitly say yes or no, and from there I take it as a don't ask don't tell situation.

I am familiar with the fumbling caused by adrenalin rushing through my body, I have experienced it many times and I find that the best rememdy is to move in a deliberate and methodical manner. Hence the lightning speed of a 1.5 second draw from absolute zero warning isn't very likely for me.

As for snatchers, I know that they can be found anywhere, but I doubt that I will run across one in the normal areas that I carry a brief case. Generally I am walking from my vehicle into a building. If I am going to be outside for an extended period of time I don't carry the briefcase.

I am not trying to be super-protected against any and all contingencies, or trying to become the fastest draw in the west. I am simply carrying a pistol wherever I go. If I have any forewarning at all, I will be as well defended as anyone out there is.

‘‘The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun.’’ ~ Patrick Henry

Page generated in 0.03343 seconds with 8 queries