View Single Post
Old October 22, 2017, 02:24 PM   #9
Screwball

Isn’t clear if you actually messaged the moderator, but that would be my first step. Moderators are people just like everyone else, so ask him to clarify what caused the warning... and see if it was a misunderstanding. Need to remember, you are posting on the internet. I posted in a classified thread about a wooden gun case. Very interested, until I read the part that shipping was going to be sticking a label on the wood and that being it. Edited my post to reflect that. Received a warning, and a reply from a moderator that made me seem he thought I was crapping on the thread. Sent him a message, told him what occurred, and all was good.

On another forum, I openly disagreed with a moderator because of a difference of opinion on MidwayUSA. He bought something cheap, got the cheap shipping, and was complaining that they wouldn’t refund his card with the shipment not being listed as missing. Said he promised that he would send it back.

I had a similar situation, where a $300+ order went missing. Called them up, they put a trace on it, and when it didn’t come back as traceable, they reshipped my order.

Stated that, and mentioned that when my order was reshipped, it was likely an insurance claim made on it. Not good enough for that moderator, and I pointed out that he should have got the slightly more expensive shipping (not the economy that goes private, then delivered by USPS). Mentioned a mistake I did with CTD, and that they sent the right parts... telling me to keep the wrong ones (rare situation, but more costly to get them back). Got banned for spamming... even though no post I made was pointless. Only thing is that it didn’t agree with his view. Won’t say the forum, as I don’t look to start stuff over the internet... but I owned two firearms covered there. Sold one, and the other can be discussed on a better suited forum for the sport it is used for.

Went back and forth (didn’t realize he was a moderator, but absolutely a person who could not consider that there is a procedure for returns, so the company doesn’t actively go into the hole), and got banned from there. Actually the only forum I was ever banned from. While there are moderators on other forums I’m still a member of that are on that guy’s level (moderator that banned me), the moderators here are far from that. And I quickly looked at your posts, which there was only 10, and didn’t see anything striking me as vengeful or a moderator having a personal problem with you. Just a viewpoint from the outside...

Page generated in 0.01970 seconds with 8 queries