View Single Post
Old May 18, 2000, 05:29 AM   #6
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

REMINGTON makes the best tactical 870, folks. But you knew I'd say that(G)...

Any 870 makes one fine HD/Tactical tool, and few mods are mandatory. A decent trigger, sights that work for you and the mission, and maybe taking out those $%^&*( dimples you keep talking about. The bells,whistles, fender skirts and fuzzy dice are nice, but not essential.

On a patrol piece, given unlimited funds and enough time, I'd add a peep and protected front sights, mag extension,sling swivels and sling,and some sort of light.Extra cash would go for ammo and maybe some training past departmental stuff, like Suarez or Awerback.

Also, if your dept will OK it, add a SideSaddle. Extra ammo is nice, and the weight turns that mule into a pony kick wise.
I'd skip the slings with bandolier loops, all that weight swinging will throw the weapon off in a crisis.

As for Vang, Wilson, etc, they have fine products, but all that isn't necessary. Even a stock, out of the box 870 Express is one fine weapon.

J,that bbl was cut by a smith who crowned it,and mounted the ramp and protected post front sight,then did the forcing cone. Good work all the way.

Page generated in 0.03402 seconds with 8 queries