View Single Post
Old December 23, 2019, 09:35 AM   #43
Real Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44 AMP View Post
that's a regular belt holster, right? worn outside the pants, on your belt or a dedicated gun belt??

IF so, why restrict your barrel to 3"? The bulk of a revolver is in the cylinder and grips, and an extra inch of barrel isn't much added bulk. 4" revolvers are common and do give measurable performance increase over shorter barrels especially with magnums.

Going to a 6" allows a significant increase and for me, anyway isn't a disaster worn in a belt holster. I can understand choosing a short barrel to save weight, but isn't choosing a heavy frame pistol kind of undoing that weight savings?

,357 too light for cats & bears? The biggest cats you're going to find in North America don't out mass the bigger humans, nor are they armor plated. They're FAST, but not heavily built, and none of them will fail to fall to a properly placed .357 bullet. Putting the bullet in the right place is always YOUR responsibility.

bears? we have endless threads about handguns for bear. They can be entertaining.
A 4+ barrel should provide a full length ejector, which if the grips allow, should be appreciated with magnum length brass. I think that is the ideal carry length unless crossdraw. Longer barrels are an issue when sitting, as we saw with horse soldiers and their 7 1/2" barrels. Same thing with simply sitting.

Page generated in 0.02994 seconds with 8 queries