Thread: In the trenches
View Single Post
Old December 14, 2019, 12:05 AM   #11
5whiskey

Quote:
My concern is the mood of the people, as it is rather surly. One delegate from the Richmond area has already broached the subject of calling out the NG to enforce the new laws. If such a thing happens, people will die. How far the government will ultimately take this remains to be seen, but things around here could get dicey very quickly.
So VA officials may be disappointed to realize that the overwhelming vast majority of National Guard soldiers who are combat arms would not be very sympathetic to a gun confiscation cause. Yes I get following orders, but it would be quite easy to argue that unconstitutionally confiscating firearms is not a lawful order. Invoking the NG is not the threat that it’s being made out to be. I could see some units forming a defensive line protecting private citizens. No that is the last thing they want to do and they know it.

What VA is really doing now is ensuring that the state turns from blueish purple back to a bright red. Don’t ever forget that the political pendulum swings rather reliably and quickly when one side tries to push too hard/far.

https://thefiringline.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=593946

Page generated in 0.03273 seconds with 8 queries