View Single Post
Old March 27, 2019, 12:35 PM   #27
F. Guffey

Quote:
Loose lugs (and or lug recess) = movement = more movement= more movement

until a lug shears.
I have bolts that look new with the lugs sheared off, I have bolts that look new with large cracks between the lug and bolt. I do believe it would be easier to take you seriously if you did not try to tell other members everything you know about ever topic.

If a shooter is waring out a rifle I would think the first thing to go would be the chamber/throat In the form of erosion.

And while I am thinking I would think there would be a member that has been around long enough to have heard of the "Lifetime rifle plan", there was a time a shooter could purchase a rifle with a life time warranty. For a fixed price they would bore your barrel and rechamber it when it wore out nd at the same time they would set the barrel back.

Without preforming the thankless job of digging this information out I will guess; It seems Easton Ackely made the offer. And? I thought the prices were reasonable. They suggested starting with a small diameter caliber and work out.

Point? If rifles wore out like you describe there would be nothing to repair by the time they progressed from 25/06 to 270W.

F. Guffey

Page generated in 0.02546 seconds with 8 queries