View Single Post
Old November 12, 2022, 07:06 AM   #19
reynolds357

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangolima View Post
Ventured into "long range" shooting lately, and found everybody is having scope in mil, or MRAD, instead of MOA.

It is pretty convenient in metric environment. 1 mil is 1 meter out of 1km and so on. However I don't have access to military facilities, and all ranges I shoot at have yards, not meters. It is not that convenient, is it? Not the end of the world really. 1 mil = 3.6 MOA. I can handle that. However the turret clicks makes hesitate.

Better mil scope actually have 0.1mil per click. That is 0.36 MOA. Isn't it more coarse than the traditional 0.25 MOA per click? Why do I want to do that? But first, do I understand it correctly?

Thanks.

-TL

PS. Most scope models have both mil and moa versions. The latter is usually a bit cheaper. Cheap scopes usually have mil reticle and 1/4 moa clicks, which is silly.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I understand Milrad, but I think in MOA. I just bought me a new mil has scop. It was on sale for $900 and the same scope with MOA hash reticle was $2700. I will suck it up and think in milradians for that cost savings, but it is not my choice.

Page generated in 0.03670 seconds with 8 queries