View Single Post
Old December 7, 2012, 07:58 PM   #8
Mystro

I practice out to 75yards and typically thats what I am expecting but being a die hard bowhunter, distance is only a state of mind. I figured if I practice 75yards regularly and have shot many times over 200yards, then why not 175yards?? I have seen Hickock45 shoot farther with his and ring the gong every time. (see him on Youtube) I knew the distance because I have ranged it many times in bow season from my stand that was close to where I was sitting under the tree. I knew the 44mag should still have plenty of power at that distance and the 240 XTP bullet opens up quick and and my mid-power load is a tack driver out of my 629. The gun season is over tomorrow and I had a extra tag left so I figured I would take the 44mag out instead of my rifle cause of all the crappy weather. Thanks guys for all the "Wows"....Pistol guys know how special it is to take game with their handguns. I'm still grinning.
Gonna skin her out in 30 minutes but here is the entry hole. ( I aimed at the top of her shoulder and thats about what the bullet should have dropped with my gun sighted in at 1.5- 2" high at 30 yards)

"Ask not what you can do for your country, but what free entitlements you can bleed from your country"

Last edited by Mystro; December 8, 2012 at 07:09 PM.

Page generated in 0.03290 seconds with 8 queries