View Single Post
Old January 2, 2012, 11:06 AM   #15
.300 Weatherby Mag

Quote:
I can't recommend any of them ...sorry...

But it isn't just if they are holding up ....what are you going to do, if the one you buy....one barrel hits high and right about 6" and one barrel hits low about 8" ..( and it happens ) ....and then you have an expensive "paperweight"...

If you really want to do this ...and I don't think its a good plan ...at least look at guns that come with a long warranty like the TriStar sold thur Cabelas because it comes with a 5 yr warranty / I still think they're less than acceptable but it'll give you something to lean on ...

I know you want an O/U ....but seriously, are you really going to be happy with a gun that won't hold up, or the barrels aren't regulated properly, or parts break ..../ if you really want an O/U -- I'd seriously suggest saving your money until you can afford a decent used Browning or Beretta....some of the older Browning Citori Lightning models, with the old short screw in Invector chokes ...especially if they need a little stock re-finishing can be purchased for around $ 600 - $ 750 and then you'll have a gun you can be proud of for many years. It just makes more sense to me....and in the meantme shoot the 870 / or pick up a semi-auto if you want something different.

Decent guns ...cost money / and its only my opinion ...but these "look alikes" from these Turkish and other companies ...are just taking your money ...because they know you "want" an O/U ...and I don't think its worth it ...not even in the short term.
+1 on what Jim Said...

Personally, the cheapest I'd go on a new over/under would be the Browning Citori Satin Hunter... Its a one heck of a deal on a quality shotgun at $1295.. I would not waste my time on anything made in Turkey which the exception of CZ/Huglu...

Page generated in 0.03671 seconds with 8 queries