Thread: Side Job Idea
View Single Post
Old February 1, 2010, 05:01 PM   #12
Pahoo

Kevin
I would encourage you to pursue this seed idea. I have been doing this kind of work for a number of years, on a small scale, for friends, relatives and conservation groups. I don't feel I should charge as I do not want to take any work from my local gun smith buddies. I do know that it might just surprise you just how many folks do not clean their firearms. There have been times when I help out the smiths and all for favors and considerations but again, no money. I also sharpen all kinds of knives for the same folks. I can tell you that there is a demand for this service and actually turn down more projects than I take in. A few years back, I was informed that I could not work on another's firearms, for money unless I was a gun smith. So that is why I don't charge and still enjoy it as a hobby. I can rework a firearm and sell it and do so regularly. You might want to think ahead and get yourelf that FFL. Also, remember that a good way to ruin a hobby, is to turn it into a business. ...

Be Safe !!!

Page generated in 0.03093 seconds with 8 queries