View Single Post
Old February 19, 2008, 07:43 PM   #14
Mac_Muz

This is gonna get the newbie (me) in trouble around here.

I am 5'10, I weigh 145, and i used to ride hoss back at a fuller tilt than most guys will imagine on a std bred, in the woods, and shoot my Ruger Super Blackhawk stoked in full blown mag loads and was never un-seated.

This was in a place locals around the Kancamaugas Highway in the white mountains national park, called the loop roads.

Off of these roads there are still old logging roads and all sorts of metalic junk. All I did was buy a race horse cheap, and taught it not to bother about guns.

Mainly I am a Buck Skinner and that horse was my ride at events. I had to teach that foolish horse, flapping canvass and big booming sounds were not panthers.

I made that horse my trail horse, and she would stand for a 6 pounder no problem, just ground tied. A ground tie is a line on the ground not tied to anything.

I had some 65 miles of old logging trails to ride and shoot any place on them I wanted, and no one bothered a bit except trees, rocks, and the few unfortunate moose.

At closer distances I hit most of the metalics I was aiming at. I could also do this with a stoked ROA, and a 1860 Colt clone made by EMF.

I myself never tried a long gun of any kind, but at my size i don't see me getting knocked out of a McClellian.

As to size.. We little guys tend to bend like grass in a hurricane, and not snap like the big oak.

You big guys might make a faster follow up shot than me to a certain point, but it just might be possible a little grass blade of a man will recover faster under more harsh pounds push per square inch, than you might believe.

When it gets into guns like Whetherby in .458 and up I concead. You big guys can have it! I don't want it. I am none to keen with Holland and Holland .375 either.

As a side note my 18th century and Fur Trade re-enactments got me invited into 2 Civil War re-enactments. I was made up as one of Mosby's Boys.

I had my horse, and 1 chestnut regular. I was loned all the clothing, and a six shooter, plus I had my own 1860 colt clone. The 2 of us took a Union camp in the morning alone, with out a shot fired. It is safe to say that Union Captian was pretty seriously pissed off. (not to bad for a Yankee, me)

Page generated in 0.02914 seconds with 8 queries