Thread: Edward Snowden
View Single Post
Old January 1, 2014, 09:35 PM   #18
TXAZ

JimDandy noted
Quote:
The surveillance was certainly over the top, but I don't think the NSA has enough people working for them to actively track all 100 million firearms owners in the US. I suspect you would have needed to do something beyond that to get on their radar- Not necessarily something that SHOULD have gotten you on it however, given the IRS scandal.
That's a very myopic view.
Here's how it works: You collect 'infinite' amounts of data, catalogue it, tree it, cross reference it, spider it, then sit on it until you need actionable intelligence, leverage or something else. You collect EVERYTHING you can touch or imagine. Even on your friends, (who may not be your friends tomorrow).
When a person, group, country or unknown become a possible threat, your database of near infinite information becomes most significant, particularly in the ability to take down or pervert commas or cyber systems.

I seriously doubt if if all the data collected on gun applications and other gun info isn't stored somewhere, even if the original agency deletes it. Intel agencies don't destroy data, and there are more than 20 known agencies in the US.

Cave illos in guns et backhoes

Page generated in 0.02171 seconds with 8 queries