View Single Post
Old October 1, 2001, 06:59 AM   #11
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

One side note....

Outside of court,or Happy Hour down at the Dew Drop Inn, more pure Caca Del Toro gets spouted by gun shop employees than anywhere else. A whole mess of them are less than qualified to provide "expert" advice, and some simply are out to make a sale.

A decade or so back, an older man I knew, of slight build and zero gun knowledge, was sold an overpriced S&W Model 27 w/ 4" bbl as a CCW gun. While a good piece, and mild recoiling with target WCs for practice, it was as easy for him to hide as a box of Wheaties. When I last heard,he has a Colt DS of some age for carry and the 27 serves as a house gun.

Other gun shop employees have shown sheer, unbelieveable ignorance when it comes to ammo selection, ambidextrous use, effective range, and a host of other concerns.

One I overheard stated that the best defensive ammo for a handgun was the little shot loads sold for snake control and loaded with #12 shot. "Just go for the eyes"....

Another stated repeatedly that FMJ HAD to be the best ammo for defense since it's what the military uses.

Back to subject, while I'm not looking for them, it seems plenty of Beretta autos are for sale here.

Page generated in 0.03391 seconds with 8 queries