View Single Post
Old May 21, 2013, 02:11 PM   #6
ScotchMan

The difference between a single stack and double stack is pretty substantial, both in comfort and capacity. If you currently conceal a Ruger LCP, you're going to have a big surprise with either choice, as they are both much larger.

If you don't care about the added comfort the XDs offers, the G30S would be my choice. However, a lot can be said for the "forget its there" comfort of a single stack. Personally, I carry a Walther PPS, and I have double stack subcompacts to choose from as well. The comfort is worth it to me.

5+1 rounds is where I start to get a little nervous. 7+1 with a reload is right at the edge of my comfort level. 10+1 I am more than comfortable with. This is something you need to decide for yourself; thousands of people carry 5 shot J-frames and feel very well-armed. Others feel anything less than 15+1 rounds is too little.

I think these are both great choices. If I was in the market, I'd be looking at an HK45c as well. I believe it is one of the greatest handguns available today.

NRA Instructor
NRA Member

Page generated in 0.04463 seconds with 8 queries