View Single Post
Old February 25, 2012, 10:15 AM   #1
Im a 'Pistol'

Holding a Gun on Someone till the Police arrive , questions.

Im trying to get good specific advice on a situation I could have intervened in on at least two seperate occasions in the past.

Both involved a Man getting very physically abusive toward a woman in his car while at a stop light . It is not my nature to poke my head into other peoples business, but, now that I am licensed for CC and have taken a couple of pistol training classes...I would no longer be reluctant to intervene in what I thought was a desperate situation --- possibly life threatening or severe harm to another .

My first duty would be to phone 911 and report the incident along with a description of myself, before approaching the altercation which is underway. It is from THIS point, that id appreciate advice on the correct protocol to use when confronting the Perpetrator to immediately stop and what to do if he ignored my command . Please be specific in your advice . (ie: Would you first announce you have a gun / just pull out the gun so he can see it but not aim it at him / pull out the gun AND aim it at him / hold him at gunpoint till the Police arrive, or what ?) . Thank you.

Page generated in 0.02552 seconds with 8 queries