View Single Post
Old June 24, 2010, 08:24 AM   #96
USAFNoDak

Poptime:

Quote:
Is it possible that "the people" were just a little bit distracted at the time?
Sure it's possible, and maybe even likely. Still, that doesn't change what happened. The people still seem distracted today. Ever watch Jay Leno go out on the street and ask people questions which should be, somewhat at least, common knowledge? Ever listened to Sean Hannity's show when he has some of his people out on the street asking people common questions about our government? It's sad. It's somewhat pathetic how little some people really know and understand about our history and our current government. That's a recipe for abuse of power by those in charge. I believe many of our politicians understand how uninformed or misinformed "the people" really are and do everything in their power to take advantage of it, to further entrench their own power and careers. How am I wrong about that?

Yes, the people may have been distracted back when this all started. I don't disagree with you. However, whatever the cause, the politicians and judges in Washington, D.C. saw this distraction and decided to take advantage of it going forward.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams.

Page generated in 0.03054 seconds with 8 queries