View Single Post
Old September 22, 2011, 06:35 PM   #15
Win73

Quote:
Quote:
I can. Several years ago I penetration tested .22 magnum out of a mini revolver, .22 LR out of an Iver Johnson TP22, and .22 short out of a Beretta Minx. All short barreled guns. The LR penetrated most, the short was second, and the magnum was dead last. That's right, even the .22 short out penetrated the .22 magnum.

I was so surprised by the results that I called CCI and asked them about it. They told me just what has already been stated, that the magnum was designed as a rifle round with slow burning powder. The short barrel just wasn't long enough to burn the powder and generate sufficient velocity.

These tests seem to dispute what you are saying.
I will say that my tests were several years ago, maybe as much as 15 years. I don't remember exactly. If in that time the ammo companies have loaded rounds with faster burning powder for the mini revolvers, that would make a difference.
(Luke 11:21 KJV) When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:

(Luke 22:36 KJV) Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Page generated in 0.04791 seconds with 8 queries