View Single Post
Old August 27, 2005, 05:32 PM   #13
sean85746

I was born and raised in Arizona. Open carry is, and has always been legal here. I remember when I was a kid in the early 70's...it was common as all get out to see folks walking around heeled. My 5' tall, 90lb Grandmother used to pick up the bank deposit from my Granddad's gas station with a 2" Colt Detective's Special in the front pocket of her apron!

I never carried openly however...I joined the Sheriff's Department at the same time it would have been legal for me to carry, so always carried concealed off duty, unless I was camping, or out in the boonies somewhere.

You never heard a comment one way or the other...heck, you could even "check yer hogleg" at a bar.

Now...you seldom see folks carrying open. Since AZ got CCW for civilians, and a LOT of the more sheepish minded folks from other places moved here...one sees it a lot less. If you are carrying open, it is bound to invite unwanted comment from someone who has no clue on minding one's own business.

Sometimes I think all of us should carry open one day, just to show the colors, but then my common sense gets the better of me, and remember, that i don't want anyone to know I am carrying until the balloon has gone up.

Page generated in 0.03330 seconds with 8 queries