View Single Post
Old December 13, 1999, 02:28 AM   #3
Robert the41MagFan

Maximum load for a Jacketed 125 grain bullet over 2400 and using magnum primers is 17.7 grains. That is also a factory duplication. So, you are below maximum. Shoot the loads you have made.

I am not a fan of magnum primers in general. Have just about every modern handgun cartridge made and like to keep things as simple as possible, don't want to deal with magnum and non magnum primers. Also, I like using Oregon Trail Cast bullets (the silver bullets) and their bullet guru told me not to use magnum primers with their bullets. There is some chemical compatibility problem. Have some friends to that have been reloading since the time of Jefferson and they have told me not to use magnum primers. I go with the flow and don't use them either.

Hunted lots with Hornady bullets too. Although they performed as advertised, hard and deep penetration. The wound channels are too small and clean. Making tracking almost impossible. The bullets also disintegrates after penetrating 18" or so. I am sticking with cast bullets from now on when hunting.

Robert

Page generated in 0.03988 seconds with 8 queries