View Single Post
Old October 25, 2012, 05:03 PM   #8
Mike / Tx

I load for both the standard 7mm RM and the STW. I tried using the slower surplus powders in both of them using 162gr bulets and neither worked out really well for me.

That said, in the RM I found that RL-19 has actually shot far better than anything else I have tried with the 162's. The only issue I have ever had with that particular load is during the summer when the temps peak out in the high 90's to low 100's it gets pretty spikey on me.

With the STW I have been trying to get something to duplicate the performance I have gotten with the Federal 150gr Nosler Solid Base load. So far I have gotten great groups with several powders including those you mentioned but nothing getting even close to the factory velocity. Ramshot Magnum however, the last time I tried it was getting there, but I ran out of time and components before I finished up. I just haven't managed to drag it all back out just yet.

I guess I am working just bassackwards with the loads for those two rifles but the 150's shoot so darned well in the STW and the 162's shoot so well in the RM I just hate to give up the already dialed in drops for them.

Page generated in 0.04419 seconds with 8 queries