View Single Post
Old September 16, 2012, 05:20 PM   #7
Sevens

I got mine for a pretty good price but it's turning out to be a problem child. I'm not giving up yet, but I have been frustrated.

On the bad side:
It's not great looking, the frame seems to have a plum-color while the barrel shroud looks like it's in better shape. But I don't care all too much about how it looks, especially for the price I paid.

The D/A pull is awful, just awful. It's quite heavy, it's not smooth, it's worse than most Taurus revolvers I've owned or used. I'm accustomed to S&W revolvers, OEM with no work done to them, and this one is just plain awful.

I get light primer strikes all the time when I attempt D/A shooting with it. The grip was difficult to remove as it had corroded or rusted just a bit so it was stuck on there and hard to get off, so I wonder if that has anything to do with the light strikes. The point made above about grip screw length makes me want to investigate it further.

Lastly, some idiot tightened the barrel nut too tightly. Of course I am the idiot, I'm sure you saw that coming. Is this one of those deals where sticking it in the freezer over night will help me to remove it?

On the good side:
It's got a terrific single action trigger break. Not hair light, but little noticeable over travel and a clean break, I like it.

It's completely in time and this is one of the first things I seem to find in revolvers they haven't been taken care of, so I'm happy this one is right.

It's accurate, no problems with that and no complaints. But I can't enjoy it's accuracy because of the laundry list of other problems.

It's also a problem for me personally because regardless of what I paid for it -- I simply can't sell it because I know it's a problem child. So for me, it's going to be a project gun if I can ever get anywhere with it, and it's also likely to be a handload experimentation device where I can run some of my harsher stuff without worrying about pushing one of my very much loved other guns.
(NO, I'm, not reckless, I'm a responsible handloader, but I think you know what I'm talking about here)

Page generated in 0.03496 seconds with 8 queries