View Single Post
Old September 18, 2011, 08:21 AM   #104
akumabito

I think the 'ak' style would be the most reliable system of them all. I think we should scrap my earlier idea of incorporating the gas piston into the arbor pin.. too much worries about pin diameter, no real method of cushioning the impact, sealing problems, etc.. All of these problems could be overcome, but to make it a reliable system, quite a bit of work would need to be done on the revolver..

The gas trap system has been used before on revolvers. Jim March has used it quite succesfully on his auto-ejecting Colt SAA. As you can see, his is hardly a sophisticated setup. If you can give me the outside diameter of the Remington barrel, I can do a quick 3D sketch of the muzzle trap. If you want to experiment with the fit and the like, a 3d model could be printed in cheap plastic by Shapeways. They can also do the model in wax, ready for metal casting, or they can just print the design in metal directly.

If you're worried about the whole thing getting too big and bulky, you could opt for a shorter barrel. A 5 1/2 inch barrel looks better anyway in my opinion.. oww, and if you want to 'sportify' the gun, whilst doing a gas trap, it would be a piece of cake to also add barrel ports..

By the way, if you're worried about what to call it, just sick with 'AK58'..

Page generated in 0.02489 seconds with 8 queries