View Single Post
Old September 5, 2011, 01:56 PM   #48
Terry A

Quote:
September 1, 2011, 12:42 PM #1
Stressfire

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then I see the door handle jiggle. The door is older style with a large window taking up the upper portion. I peek through the side of the curtain opposite the knob and lock and see him attempting to jimmy the lock with a card.

So, judgements? Comments? Suggestions? Snide remarks?

Glad everything worked out that night for you.

Just by way of saying "something to think about", & since you asked for any comments or suggestions, I have one.

The part that I included in the quote, about you seeing the door handle jiggle.....Why in the world did you feel the need to peek outside? If you knew he was following you & then the knob was moving, that's when I would have called 911 & also set up with one of my firearms in a position that affored me cover but also with a view of the doorway you mentioned.

In the scenario you described, I would NEVER go up to a glass window to peek around a curtain. If HE had a gun, you're face is what, one foot from him? If he was that brazen to follow you home and then approach the entry way of where you lived....you had to figure that the door knob jiggling was because his hand was on it outside the door!

Peeking around a curtain to confirm that it wasn't the wind () is just like one of those horror movies where the damsel in distress hears glass breaking in the dark basement & calls out "Who's there?" as she descends the stairs. What the heck was she going down there for?

And why the heck peek thru a glass window when you strongly suspect (know, really) that the guy on the other side has already been an issue? That move really serves no purpose & if it was replayed, I would just forgo the peek & get on the phone & post up somewhere away from the door.

Thanks for allowing our input!
2 Thes 3:16 "Now may the Lord of peace Himself continually grant you peace in every circumstance. The Lord be with you all! "

Page generated in 0.05564 seconds with 8 queries