View Single Post
Old January 14, 2011, 12:14 AM   #60
Yankee Bill

I went back and forth trying to decide between the Kel-Tec Pf-9 and p-11, as well as the Kahr and some other sub-compacts before I decided to get the p-11. Its 12+1 rd. capacity along with its size is what sold me on the p-11. I like to have access to 12+ rounds without having to carry a spare magazine.

I did a light "fluff & buff" on it, polished the ramp, chamber, rails, etc. I just bought it recently and have only made 1 range trip, and it's a handfull for sure. I ran 100 rds. each of WWB 115 gr. FMJ RN, and Federal Champion 115 gr. FMJ RN without issue. I also ran about 40 rds. of some old 135 gr. JHP Hydro-Shoks I had laying around, and did experience several FTF's with those. I'm going to run another 300 rds. of FMJ RN through it before I try the JHP's again. Then I'll decide if it needs more TLC, or, to be culled from the stable.

If the p-11 is deemed unreliable and I end up having to cull it, I think a Bersa Thunder Pro UC9 may be next on the list to follow me home and prove its worth as an alternative EDC.

YB

Page generated in 0.03458 seconds with 8 queries