View Single Post
Old May 7, 2010, 11:05 AM   #8
LordTio3

Quote:
+1 , only time when you MIGHT need a little slap on the bottom of mag is when you loading full mag under closed slide
This is true, as there is only the resistance of the magazine stop and not a lot else when loading into an open breech. I really don't feel like I'm being overly rough with the process, just quite assertive. As for causing undue damage to the weapon or magazine; I've had my magazines and my weapon for years now and have seen or witnessed no noticeable damage in function or cosmetics from this practice. Now, I am also not arguing that it would be a good habit to develop. All guns are not as sturdy as Glocks are. I really don't want to know what it would take to break my 19, but some of the others may not hold up so well. The 19 is my workhorse, so it gets mistreated (before being pampered).

I learned proper function of a firearm at an early age, but perhaps its time to train a little more finesse. Thanks for all the comments, and it is good to know that my weapon is not the only one that functions this way. I have lots of friends with "wondernine's" but no other Glocks to check function with.

~LT

Page generated in 0.03257 seconds with 8 queries