View Single Post
Old March 21, 2009, 07:41 AM   #2
Mike Irwin
Staff

Back in the early 1990s I used to work for Navy Federal at the headquarters in Vienna/Merrifield, Virginia. The guy who did branch services management had a big stack of "No Gun Here" signs for the branches in Texas, and not a single one of them was legal because the wording wasn't up to Texas state law.

Oddly enough, Navy Federal has a VERY spotty record in putting up signs on branches.

Supposedly the branch in Springfield, Virginia, has a no CCW sign, while the branch at the headquarters in Vienna/Merrifield has no sign. I have carried a gun into the Vienna/Merrifield branch many times (yes, even when I was an employee).

And, I can guarantee you that if you send such a letter, you'll get back pretty much a form letter talking about providing a safe environment for employees and members, blah blah blah blah. Yes, blatant hypocrisy. Although, that was with the old President, Brian McDonnald (a horse's ass) as head of the CU. Cutler Dawson may have a different take on it, I don't know.

Why don't you just use the web to apply for your mortgage? I just finished up with mine. I wouldn't have had to have stepped foot in a branch had not the electronic document verification/signatures system been down.

Rates are REALLY good right now. I closed at 4.75, but now they're down to 4.625.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.

Page generated in 0.03017 seconds with 8 queries