View Single Post
Old October 29, 2008, 10:58 PM   #12
BuckHammer

Recon7, in your post, it sounds as if you're using the flashlight primarily as a weapon. Like when someone comes at me, I better hurry up and draw my flashlight. I don't know if that's what you meant, or if I misunderstood (which is probably the case). But all around, no matter what features you include in a flashlight, it will never be as effective in combat as an object that is designed to be a weapon. However, the advantage that a beveled edge is trying to give you is a utility (like for breaking glass) to use in the dark, when you're gonna have to be holding a flashlight anyway, so that you don't have to dig around for a proper tool to do the job. Also, I guess it could be used as a weapon, but I would prefer the pistol in my other hand. But as to whether the beveled edge is more effective for breaking glass, I don't know because I can't say I have ever broken a window with a flashlight. However, if I were to do so, I would probably swing the flashlight into it and then rake it around the edges to clear the window. In that case, the beveled edge wouldn't help me at all. So I guess I would, overall, call the beveled edge more of a gimmick.

Page generated in 0.02664 seconds with 8 queries