View Single Post
Old January 6, 2014, 05:49 PM   #94
bedbugbilly

I have both - I CCW a revolver most of the time - sometimes a semi - all depends on the area I will be in. Irregardless, both have advantages and disadvantages - it all boils down to what you are comfortable with.

I'm not saying don't be prepared and don't be alert . . but the chances are pretty slim that I will ever have to draw my weapon . . and I hope I never have to. I normally carry a Smith Model 36 - 5 shots of 38 special. I'm comfortable with that . . the next person might not be . . that's up to him/her.

If you really want to get to the nitty gritty . . perhaps it should be asked what make/model of revolver is more/less reliable than make/model of semi-auto. Read any thread on any make and model - to some, they are the best - to another a piece of crap - doesn't make any difference if it's a revolver or a semi.

In the long run - pick what you are comfortable with, practice shooting it often and "learn" your weapon so you can operate it blindfolded if need be (i.e. without having to look at it and try to remember what "this part does". Too many buy a firearm and never become familiar with it - I've seen it countless times over the years. Pick your make/model of handgun . . use it . . learn it and thereby learn any shortcomings it may have . . if not comfortable with it, then move on and try something else.

Many people believe many things . . some think they need a large quantity of available rounds . . some, like me, feel comfortable with just 5. Chances are, I will never need 1 . . . hopefully . . . but if I have practiced and practiced and am accurate, am familiar with my weapon and how it functions . . . it doesn't make a difference if it's a revolver or a semi . . . it will matter if I can't hit what I'm aiming at.
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63

Page generated in 0.02603 seconds with 8 queries