View Single Post
Old October 24, 2013, 01:24 PM   #4
shortwave

Fear of the unknown is not uncommon. Especially when it comes to firearms.

Both Brian and Pahoo have given excellent advise.

My wife had never shot until I met her. She knew I liked guns, hunting etc. but showed no interest in shooting until I finally coaxed her to shoot a .22 pistol. Over time, she built up trust in me. She knew I did not play when it came to shooting safely and figured out I would not compromise on what I felt was safe handling of a firearm with anyone.

This was all done while pleasure shooting and all the while me talking about how fun it was to shoot. The more time she spent around guns, the more she asked questions and the more comfortable she got around them.
Bottom line was, she had to gradually build up trust in me

Scenario's worked well with my wife as well. Getting her to think about what she would do if I was not at home and a BG broke into the house.

Ask your fiancé to think about what she would do if you were not at home and her and your new born baby was there and a BG broke into the house.
Would she have the nerve to grab a gun to fight an assailant off ?

My gut feeling and having had a few years of watching 'motherly' instincts tells me she would be very capable of defending that newborn child and herself with a gun without hesitation. Especially with some firearms training.

Too, watch the news. Most every evening there is an event in which if a person was armed and trained the outcome of the victim very possibly could have been different.
In Cols., Ohio either this morning or yesterday, there was a woman standing on the corner with her 3yr. old baby in her arms. A guy approached her from behind, grabbed her and forced her into an alley where he made her face a wall and raped her while she was holding the baby. There are some sick people in this world that don't deserve their next breath but they are here never-the-less.

Is it a possibility that this woman could of had a chance of fending off this attacker had she been armed??? Guess we'll never know cause she wasn't. Just thankfully, this sick bastard didn't kill her or harm the child but the only thing that stopped him was he apparently didn't want to.

Something to think about.

Page generated in 0.02599 seconds with 8 queries