View Single Post
Old April 22, 2001, 09:18 AM   #86
Cruzer

I went back and reread the articles, including the one about the rash of property thefts and property theft shootings in San Antonio. I struggle to clearly understand what happened...the articles provide conflicting reports. Did he know what was going on? Did he shoot in the dark? Yadda, yadda, yadda...

The result IS clear. 14 year old criminal, mourned by his mother because he was out of control, out in the middle of the night, stealing someone's property, apparently not the first time (since his mother says he was out of control). The chickens were "fighting chickens" which I guess means they were fighting cocks.

What troubles me is not people's opinions...what troubles me is that people are reaching some outrageous conclusions full of tears and misplaced compassion based on conflicting reports. As law abiding RKBA supporters, we should at a minimum say "looks legal on the surface, not sure if it was moral...but we don't have all the info so we will wait for a district attorney or eventually a jury to determine that." Instead, we have self-flagelating, emotional tirading, "poor little boy", "just for some chickens", mumbo-jumbo reminiscent of Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. I think we could agree that if we saw an unarmed 14 year old boy in plain daylight with a bag of our chickens, we wouldn't shoot because it would be morally questionable. Add all the "iffy" circumstances and the property owner DESERVES, and it is his RIGHT to get the benefit of the doubt (innocent until proven guilty).

I joined the NRA and started buying guns only 9 months ago because I was tired of the emotional, uninformed, hysterical rantings of Rosie and the Hundred Mom March. I didn't expect hysterical anti-gun owner rantings here, but such is life.

Page generated in 0.02376 seconds with 8 queries