View Single Post
Old April 22, 2001, 02:42 AM   #79
Mike Irwin
Staff

Congratulations, Chulain, you've just missed the point!

Ok. You've got woods around your house. What kind of woods are they? The totally impenetrable barrier type?

If I can ever drag his festering carcass onto this forum, perhaps my friend David will tell you about the time when he and 3 of his officers chased a suspect, on foot, for nearly 2 miles through the woods in and around Rock Creek Park in DC, and ended up finally catching the guy in someone's backyard in the middle of the night.

"And no police officer around here is going to be dumb enough to be in someone’s back yard without coming to the house first."

"Hello? Mr. Homeowner? Have you seen the rape/murder suspect go through here? We were in hot pursuit, and we decided to break it off just so we could knock on your door and let you know that we're going to be poking around your property..."

Yeah, right. When it comes to to apprehending a suspect and tapping on your door to let you know that there's a possible fugitive on the run, which do you think the police are going to do?

And, since you yourself have established that you're willing to shoot blindly when you don't know what's going on, if the police DID tap on your door, why wouldn't you shoot through the door just in case, since the vast majority of home invasion robberies actually start with the invaders knocking on the door to the home?

I'm not even going to get into what's wrong with the concept of shooting at the sound of a foreigner's voice, but giving a pass to the English speaker.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.

Page generated in 0.02119 seconds with 8 queries