View Single Post
Old March 28, 2001, 08:57 PM   #13
Troy

They are *supposed* to back out of the die. The only way to break them is to torque them down so tight that they can't move (i.e., to counter-act the whole intent of the design).

Anyway, I started with the Lee Anniversary kit, which included the O-ring press. It continues to work great. I just got a Loadmaster and have loaded 9mm and .45ACP on it so far. My only issue to date is that occasionally the 9mm cases back out of the shellplate slightly and need to be pushed back into place. This tends to happen with brass that has very thin rims. Still, that's not really a problem for me, and I can load a couple hundred rounds an hour on it, and I'm still new to the press. I plan to try the bullet feeder soon, which should speed things up even more.

I look forward to loading some rifle rounds (just ordered the .223 shellplate, rifle brass feeder, etc.) on it as well. I can't speak for others, but it seems to work as advertised.

Just FYI, I use a Universal Decap Die in the single-stage, clean the primer pockets, and tumble/polish the brass. All other work is done on the Loadmaster.

I haven't had to deal with lubing cases yet (for the Loadmaster), as I've just loaded pistol ammo to date. I know some of you use your tumbler to lube your cases. Exactly how do you do this? Just add a bunch of lube to the media? I'd like to lube the cases as little as possible to keep them from gunking up the feed tubes.

-Troy

Page generated in 0.02643 seconds with 8 queries