View Single Post
Old October 5, 2012, 07:40 PM   #34
Nanuk

Quote:
So, I'll bite: who in law enforcement was still carrying guns in .357 and .45 when the studies were done? Certainly not the average beat cop. I'll lay odds the guys carrying those guns (and involved in those shootings) were serious gunfighters. They put in the time and training, and they took the gun seriously instead of treating it like a heavy burden to lug along.

I carried a 45 from 1979 to 1982 and a 357 Magnum on duty until 1996 and off duty until 2003. Now I carry a 357 Sig.

Quote:
In my opinion, based upon years of training, is that the one shot stop concept is complete BS, compounded by sheer stupidity.
If your life is in imminent danger, only a fool would rely on one shot to end the threat. If you are forced to resort to deadly force, the only object is to stop the attacker from continuing the action that is a threat to your life. In order to do this, you will be forced to continue to fire until the threat has ended.
The one stop shot was only meant as a metric of measurement. I do not recall anyone ever saying to just shoot once.

I will carry the most powerful gun I can shoot well and conceal. Handguns are enough of a compromise all by themselves.

Come on.... Can't we beat that dead horse......
My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

Page generated in 0.03455 seconds with 8 queries