View Single Post
Old February 14, 2009, 02:07 AM   #22
Gaxicus

Your on

Quote:
About two weeks ago, I tried something new. Target 15 fet away, pistol at a low ready, pointing downward at 45 degrees, eyes on the floor in front of me (wearing a ball cap to ensure I cannot cheat). Three, two, one. Raise eyes to target, raise pistol, fire one shot, not using sights. I guess this is "point" shooting(?)

I am definitely going to try this. I cant do some of my drills on an indoor range. Its getting to be a longer and longer drive to outdoor shooting areas (as in, the boonies). This drill I really like. I do lookups, but the hat is awesome. Proper head/sight alignment drill. Very nice. I bet its pretty tough. I havent drilled with that much emphasis on head alignment. Great drill for revolver shooters.

I know it sounds, well, kind of nerdy but you could use a hat with a really long/wide bill and kind of roll it to a half circle like Ive seen some wear it in music videos on CMT. ( it took me a minute to find a nice way to describe the hat. got nothin obviously)

You could work on horizontal alignment if you turn your head to the side in random directions when pre-staging (looking down) with a hat like that.

I wonder if it might emphasize tunnel vision and toe point though....... Not sure. Im going to give it a try tomorrow.

Great idea. Thanks.

Last edited by Gaxicus; February 14, 2009 at 02:20 PM.

Page generated in 0.02014 seconds with 8 queries