View Single Post
Old April 24, 2008, 01:58 PM   #1
DEDON45

How to form 6.5-06 brass...

I've got a buddy (he doesn't have internet access, believe it or not) that has jumped into the reloading "game" with me... he inherited a decent set of equipment and even reloading components from his father, along with some pretty neat mausers... well, he's got this Turkish Mauser that's chambered in 6.5-06, really sweet shooting rifle... I understand that the brass is formed from 25-06 brass or maybe .270 brass ... all the brass he has and loaded rounds are based on .25-06 brass.

I did find that A-Square makes 6.5-06 brass, but some posts I found on a bulletin board (might have been this one) said that the case necks were too thick and required turning... anyone have experience with the A-Square brass? Also, given the cost... I'm thinking he just needs to reform the .25-06 (necking it up, I guess), he'll save a bunch of money.

Has anyone done this before? I'm sure that case trimming (he has a case trimmer) is in order after being necked up, but can we avoid neck turning going that route? Do the case necks need to be annealed before necking up? Any hints are welcome, thanks!

Page generated in 0.02734 seconds with 8 queries