View Single Post
Old June 6, 2005, 04:39 PM   #21
beenthere

What guns?

Okay weshoot2, you get the story. I retired 1/30/04 and I'm finding more time to shoot. With the price of gas up so much and not doing the 55 mile round trip to work every day my income while down some, isn't as bad as it might have been.

I'm too old, lazy, slow etc. to be playing the run&gun stuff and have found my old K-frame 22 and Ruger 357 are a lot of fun to soot and a whole lot cheaper when a couple of hours of shooting are finished. 100 rds of carefull shooting vs. 400 rds of filling the air with lead.

After going through that "rationalization" process I went shopping. Brought home a 45 SS Blackhawk and put a 41 MAG Blackhawk in lay-a-way.

Since I'm basically getting goodies to leave to the kids down the road I'm mostly interested in old man loads like the 950-1000 fps cowboy loads. In the other hand, there's always a chance I might be able to go on a pig hunt in the next couple of years so some hot tusker loads would be something to practice with occasionally.

So bring on the loads. If I can find an address for "Armorizing" I'll deck the 41 Mag out and smile when I show it to the kids.

Thanks everyone.

beenthere
The weak, and those unwilling to make the struggle, soon resign their liberties for the protection of powerful men or paid armies; they begin by being protected, they end by being subjected. Louis L'Amour

Page generated in 0.02923 seconds with 8 queries