View Single Post
Old January 29, 2010, 11:45 PM   #20
Tom Servo
Staff

Quote:
The law is not, IMO, unjust. I do not live in Belle Meade and do not think anyone on the City council would listen to what I have to say.
Then the question remains: why did you do this? What was it you hoped to achieve? You claim that carrying the gun was "activism." To what end?

Quote:
The 3000 residents of the town are affluent and make over $100,000/yr each.
That's 3000 very well-heeled individuals, who probably play golf with legislators and judges, who are now likely to have a less favorable opinion of people openly carrying. Let's not forget Don Ortega's adventures with the Colorado Springs city council, in which they ended up banning guns in public buildings because of his behavior.

There's a larger issue here, one which hearkens back to Chris Broughton and a certain "in your face" attitude at the outer borders of the open carry movement. I've heard it argued, though I find it hard to agree, that open carry is activism in and of itself.

That's one thing. "Pranking," as it were, is not only counterproductive but possibly destructive to what the open carry movement hopes to achieve. I'd be interested to know where the line is drawn and where responsible folks in the open carry movement see it.

Page generated in 0.02089 seconds with 8 queries