View Single Post
Old August 20, 2012, 05:49 PM   #26
Nnobby45

Quote:
And as many others have said, the handgun is what you use until you can get to something BETTER!!!

Why not just start with "better?
The concept of the pistol is that's it's more likely to be available, whether carried on the street or kept close by in the home. The long gun needs more warning before it can be gotten to and deployed. Yes, if you have that warning, then use the long gun.

I've read many accounts of SD shootings, as most of us have. Can't remember offhand reading an instance where someone "used their pistol to fight their way to their long gun", though that's a nice little quote, often used by newbies who read magazine articles and haven't read much about real world shootings.

Not saying it can't happen, however. The natural place I'd retreat to (if I can make it) has an 870 waiting for me.

NOTE: It was Ayoob who pointed out in his piece about the Dartmouth Professor Murders, that detectives who researched home invasion robberies were so taken with how fast they could occur that some began arming themselves at all times on their person, while off duty, in their own homes.

Things are likely going to be settled with what you have when it all starts, in any event.

Last edited by Nnobby45; August 20, 2012 at 06:03 PM.

Page generated in 0.03758 seconds with 8 queries