View Single Post
Old September 17, 2011, 05:22 PM   #1
Big Tom

Kel tec P32 Range Report/Review

So as some of you know I had put a Kel Tec P32 on layaway. I had intended it to be used for cc at my work. I picked it up yesterday at one of my local shops. I did pay a hefty $260 for it even though I could have gotten it for $230 after transfers online, but I decided to support my local businesses instead and paid the extra money. No matter how you look at it, for a gun it is a very nice and affordable price tag. Anyway I took the little guy home and cleaned it with some hoppes 9 and lubed it up with Rem Oil.

I took it to the range today and shot it. I was using Fiocchi 73 grain FMJ's and Fiocchi 60 grain JHP's. For the first 100 or so rounds the gun was jamming frequently, I would say in the ballpark of about 17-22 rounds. I did not let this discourage me as the Kel Tec Hand Book guide says that for the first 100 or so rounds the gun would have many of these problems. I continued on to 120 rounds at which point the gun was much better.

I shot another 75 rounds without any further failures. In the allotted time I experienced no "rimlock" of any sort. The trigger pull was very smooth and light, and recoil was spot on to what I was looking for. After I had put close to 200 rounds I noticed that the frame rubbing up against my webbing and thumb was starting to bleed a little. It did not hurt but was uncomforitable.

This is fine however as no one will be shooting 200 rounds in this or any gun for that matter in a shoot out. Even if you did it doesn't even really hurt. I put the gun back in it's case and went home. The gun is overall a great value and offers those of us on a limited budget with limited means of carry a well rounded, easy to shoot, and easy to obtain cc gun. I recommend you shoot approx 400 FMJ rounds and 150 JHP rounds before carrying. I do this with all my guns to make sure they are reliable.

***I hope this review was helpful and I may post footage of the range trip and some picks in the future.***

Side Note: The front sight was hard to keep on target as it blended with the rear sight a lot. I recommend if you cant afford as laser (myself included) to get some orange, red, or green luminous paint and touch up the front sight. Again I hope this range report/review helps you out and I hope you pay some attention to this easy to conceal, easy to shoot, lightweight AMERICAN pocket pistol. Thanks again all!

Page generated in 0.02837 seconds with 8 queries